24 October 2017
JW Marriott Tomorrow Square Shanghai
TradeWinds Subscriber Early Bird (expires 15 September)
TradeWinds Subscriber Advance (expires 30 September)
TradeWinds Subscriber Standard
Shipping China 2017 – Riding on New Waves of Opportunities
中国国际海运高峰论坛2017 - “顺势而为，领航机遇”
This year, TradeWinds warmly welcomes you to attend Shipping China 2017 on 24 October in Shanghai, the maritime hub of the nation and one of the world's most exciting cities. This flagship event that has welcomed over 3000 participants through the course of its 8 previous editions will cover one of the most dynamic shipping markets in the world in an innovative and thought-provoking setting.
Back by popular demand and with the theme “Riding on New Waves of Opportunities”, Shipping China 2017 will bring together more than 200 high profile industry experts and thought leaders to share insights on how to capitalise on opportunities and achieve leap-forward development.
You don’t want to miss it, if you are looking for -
- An International and neutral platform that brings together industry’s key stakeholders from China and overseas for effective networking and forward-planning.
- Want to walk away with some new business ideas and potential partnerships.
- Wish to hear from diverse perspectives especially from Private Shipowners both in China & beyond
- Zero in on major industry changes and the opportunities that they bring about
- Gain inspiration from companies which capitalize on industry gaps and became more successful
- Learn how to stay competitive and apply innovative ways to transform business
- Set sights on what the future of shipping holds in terms of how to tighten collaboration and build win-win outcome
We have carefully handpicked 4 Key Topics for Shipping China 2017 namely (each topic has 2 sessions ie panel discussions and single sharing). A group of top shipping professionals and experts will explore, debate and forecast the latest deals and opportunities. High-quality information and inspiring experiences will be shared on top issues including:
Belt and Road Initiative and its specific impact on shipping together with Macro Outlook of the Shipping Market
In this keynote session, we will have a three-pronged approach to the BRI analysis, namely Chinese, International and Industry perspective. The latter will also touch on the Shipping Outlook in a panel discussion format.
Ever-Changing Fortunes of Shipbuilding and its prospects in China
Spotlight on prospects and future developments of Chinese newbuilding, there will be sharing from shipyards on how they are transforming to take the lead in shipbuilding followed by a panel which is made up of public, private shipyards and shipowners who have ordered from Chinese yards.
Evolving developments in Ship Finance and the changing roles of Financiers
There will be 2 Panel Discussions, one consists of different key financial players and shipowners who will share on various finance models and how to tighten collaboration, the other will touch on Financial Shipowners and their potential developments
Disruptive Innovations in the Maritime Industry
Top Class Societies will share on technological innovations and their implications on shipping. The closing Panel will be made up of prominent Shipowners who are committed to business innovation and capitalising on opportunities to stay competitive and achieve greater success. Delegates can hear first-hand and gain inspiration from their sharing which will shed light on major changes and key trends in the industry.
Speakers confirmed -
- Mark Young, CEO, Asia Maritime Pacific
- Ian Shirreff, CEO, Zodiac Maritime Asia
- Wang Chengyu, Managing Director, Clarksons Platou
- Gao Zefeng, Vice President, Transport Finance, China EXIM Bank
- Fu Rui, Executive Director Shipping, China Minsheng Trust
- Su Ning, CEO, Front Line Capital
- Albrecht Grell, Executive Vice President, Director of Digital Solutions and Innovation, DNV GL
- Kirsi Tikka, Executive Vice President Global Marine, ABS
- Bill Guo, Executive Director, ICBC Leasing
- Zhao Shen, Head of Credit, CSIC Leasing
- Fang Xiuzhi, Head of Shipping Finance, Bank of Communications Financial Leasing
- Gerry Buchanan, Managing Director, Liberian Registry (Far East)
- Christoforos Bisbikos, Partner, Watsons Farley & Williams
More to be confirmed soon…
We invite every stakeholder and player in the maritime industry who is looking to gain business advantage and make the best of commercial opportunities in China to join us at this interactive annual event on 24th October 2017 organized in Shanghai’s iconic JW Marriott Tomorrow Square Hotel.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org